Thursday, January 21, 2010

Faith

Faith

Faith is stepping out on nothing and finding something. The exciting thing is that the faith you are exercising requires God's involvement. When Peter stepped out from the security and confinement of the boat he experienced a taste of his divine potential. Often times we look at his failure and forget that he actually walked on water. Understanding the relationship between the Rabbi and Disciple will help you connect with Peter’s response to Jesus. When Peter's Rabbi, Jesus, called Peter to follow him Jesus was saying to him, I see the potential in you to become just like me and to do the things that I do. This is why when Peter saw Jesus walking out to them on the water Peter asked, bid I come to you? Jesus said come and Peter simply responded to Jesus' belief in him to do the things He was doing at that moment. Your Rabbi, Jesus, is saying to you, I believe in you. You have the potential to become just like me. You can do the things I do. Be encouraged and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment