Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Did I Miss Something

Exodus 5:22-23 Did I Miss Something?
Exodus 5:22-23 ESV

This is another example of how we can obey everything the Lord has asked of us and totally lose sight of what He promises us. It's not like the Lord didn't tell Moses that Pharaoh would have a hard heart and reject and deny his request. Moses was not prepared for increased hardship of the people he was sent to deliver from their cruel bondage. From their prospective Moses, the one who committed murder and fled shows back up to attempt to be, and proclaims to be God's man and plan for their deliverance. I might respond the same way. My response would probably go something like this: Who do you think you are claiming to be our deliver saying God has sent you. Ever since you showed up things have gone from bad to worse. If God sent you to be His messenger and our deliverer then things would be getting better not worse.

On the other hand I can see how I would respond if I were Moses. My response would probably go like this: Yeah, I heard you. I knew it was going to be difficult. I never thought my own people would reject and turn against me.

My take away: Whether I am the leader or person being led I must stand on God's word. I have heard it said between the promise and the provision there usually is a problem in between the two. I think the reason for this so all will know that God and God alone has delivered us. To God be the glory great things he has done!

No comments:

Post a Comment