Friday, June 5, 2015

Qualified by Grace

Qualified by Grace
As I read the psalm below, it is hard not to immediately jump to the conclusion that I'm disqualified right out of the gate. I mean, who can say they walk blamelessly and do right all the time? Who can, has, does, measures up against these standards? Guess I never will be Holy enough to dwell on the Holy hill with God if it depends on me. That is depressingly bad news at first glimpse. However, In light of the Gospel it is extraordinarily good news. In Jesus I am completely made righteous and holy. And yet, I will continue being transformed in and by the righteousness and holiness of Christ until I die, or He returns whichever comes first. I'm accepted in Him. As such, I get to unashamedly approach God with bold confidence knowing I am covered. I get to rest in and enjoy the wonder and beauty of the presence of God. The sin that once separated me from Him has been forgiven in Jesus and I am free to delight in unbroken fellowship with the God who created me in His very own image and likeness. Why? Because His Grace Qualified Me! You too! As many who will call on and trust in Jesus can once again enjoy the creator and sustainer of life up close and personal. No longer will you have to stand off at a distance, go through religious rituals, or depend on another man. Grace Qualified Us! 

O Lord, who shall sojourn in your tent? Who shall dwell on your holy hill? He who walks blamelessly and does what is right and speaks truth in his heart; who does not slander with his tongue and does no evil to his neighbor, nor takes up a reproach against his friend; in whose eyes a vile person is despised, but who honors those who fear the Lord; who swears to his own hurt and does not change; who does not put out his money at interest and does not take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things shall never be moved. (Psalm 15:1-5 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment