Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Intimately Known Yet Intimately Loved! Psalm 139:1-4, 23-24 ESV This morning as I read this I was reminded of how intimately involved God is in my life from beginning to end. He knows my every thought and every word I have to say before I even speak it. There is absolutely no where I can go that He hasn't been or wouldn't go to be with or make Himself and presence known to me. That is both comforting and troubling to me. The reason for this is that I know myself. My heart, mind, and thoughts unfortunately are not always the most God honoring and yet God still loves me. In these passages he comforts me with the reminder that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. He encourages me by His relentless pursuit of me even when I'm seemingly outside of His will and plan for me. Knowing this about God is what gives me the courage to invite Him to search my troubled and wicked heart. I might be able to gloss over the unseen areas of my heart and life that gives the appearance of my being humble and holy but the truth is I struggle terribly at times. So much so I can't even begin to understand how or why He loves me so. You see, while I'm "Intimately Known" I am still "Intimately Loved" by God. Oh God, lead me in your everlasting way! Psalm 139:1-4, 23-24 ESV 1 O Lord, you have searched me and known me! 2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. 3 You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. 4 Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! 24 And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment