Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Search is Over Matthew 13:44-46 ESV For the first 20 years of my life I was searching for meaning and significance. I sought it the form of acceptance and belonging socially. I attempted to fill the void and heal the pain through drug use, promiscuity, and anything else that promised pleasure and fun. Sad thing is the more I searched and filled up on those things the pain and emptiness multiplied. Then I discovered the treasure and pearl of great price. His name is Jesus Christ. On that day I surrendered my life. The search was over. I found Him and He gave me everything. He gave me life, meaning, and purpose. He delivered me from myself and the path of destruction I was on. He healed and continues to heal the wounds in me and my life. 25 years later with many ups and downs, good times and bad, mountain top and valley experiences I can tell you life in the Kingdom is worth my full surrender and absolute abandonment to Jesus. You will never know the joy and fulfilment I am writing about until you discover the treasure and pearl of great price that is Jesus Christ. For me the search is over and what I have found in Christ is worth far more than this life could ever offer me. May you find Him today! Matthew 13:44-46 ESV 44 "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.45 "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls,46 who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment